Welcome back! Ready for some GREAT resources that you may not have seen?
As you know I am BIG into personal growth. One of the best ways to grow yourself is to listen to people who are where you want to be. On that note today we are covering my top 5 favorite podcasts!
Just an FYI I don’t always agree 100% with everything on every podcast I hear, but I my “agreement rate” is VERY high for the ones on this list.
A Little Background
For those of you not familiar with what a podcast is let me give a short explanation. A podcast can be thought of as similar to a radio show, but it’s online. Usually new podcasts episodes are posted weekly, although some follow a different schedule. There are thousands of available podcasts. Podcasts can be listened to directly on a computer or on a mobile phone or tablet.
There are two primary podcast applications, iTunes and Stitcher. On an iPhone or iPad just look for the Podcasts app:
Back to the List
These are in no particular order.
- The 48 Days Online Radio Show by Dan Miller
- I honestly just discovered Dan Miller late last year (2014). Dan’s mission is to “help you find work that is meaningful, purposeful, and profitable.” What a great goal! With Dan’s help you can discover your passions and turn them into profit in either your own business or by finding a job that matches up with your values and skills. I started out by reading his fantastic book 48 Days to the Work You Love and am now a devoted fan and subscriber to his podcast. In fact Sally and I are going to Dan’s Coaching with Excellence event later this year to learn more about how to help couples in their marriages!
- Better Conversations on Money and Marriage with Derek and Carrie Olsen
- Would you like to be entertained? Perhaps while you are learning how to better talk to your spouse about money? Then check out Derek and Carrie. They crack me up AND educate me. Love their podcast…plus at the end of each show they do an after party. They also have a great book available, One Bed, One Bank Account and have a national book tour this summer.
- This is Your Life by Michael Hyatt
- First of all Michael is an amazing teacher and leader. He gives away tons of free content and is one of the best for helping you reach your goals and dreams. His book Platform is a must have for anyone who wants to get a message out to the world!
- In the Loop with Andy Andrews
- I have been an Andy Andrews fan for well over 20 years. He is one of a small number of people who has a very broad and wise understanding of most aspects of life. His books are story oriented; great reads and contain very specific instructions for how to be successful and joyful in your life. Like Michael Hyatt Andy gives away a LOT of free resources on his site.
- Confessions of a Terrible Husband by Nick Pavlidis
- In my own blog I often pit my marriage experience against the “experts.” Well, Nick is an admitted marriage non-expert who does a fantastic job of bringing real-life strategies to his audience. He has great interviews as well as powerful solo episodes. Not to mention he has a new book coming out AND a highly rated other podcast with his kids at Five Minutes with Dad.
Although some of these podcasters may be are Christians that is not the primary focus of their shows. I have another list of my favorite Christian podcasts that I am considering posting in the future.
I have a question for you. What are some of YOUR favorite podcasts? Post them in the comments below so that we can all find more great content!